Cybertruck Critical Steering Issue Detected

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

festerrot

Reaction score
So yesterday when I was going for a grocery run. This error message "Critical steering issue detected" suddenly appeared after I clicked the "Loss of system redundancy detected" message. What does this mean?

Looks like the issue might be with the redundancy sensors, and it seems linked to the front Steer-by-Wire (SbW) system. This "Critical Warning" is a bit of a newbie for Teslas since none of the other models have SbW. So we're kind of in the dark about whether this warning is just a glitchy code, a temporary hiccup with communication or sensors, or something more serious. The SbW system has three redundancy sensors and communication systems but only two mechanical backups, so the problem could be anything from a small glitch to a big deal.

Could you jump into Service mode and grab the exact error code and details? I’m crossing my fingers there;s a common issue across all units that can be fixed with a recall. If the errors are all over the place, it might mean we’re looking at a bigger problem.

Back