Rust on My New Cybertruck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMarkTwain

Reaction score
I just noticed some rust spots on the wheel hubs of my Cybertruck. I’m kinda baffled since I keep it in the garage and always dry it off after washing. Anyone else seen this or have any tips on how to prevent it? I’ve already put in a service request, but I’m curious if anyone has any advice. It’s super annoying to see rust on a truck that’s barely a month old!

If you slap some phosphoric acid on that rust, it’ll turn it into iron phosphate and stop the metal from rusting any further - provided Tesla doesn't address the issue themselves.

I just noticed some rust spots on the wheel hubs of my Cybertruck. I’m kinda baffled since I keep it in the garage and always dry it off after washing. Anyone else seen this or have any tips on how to prevent it? I’ve already put in a service request, but I’m curious if anyone has any advice. It’s super annoying to see rust on a truck that’s barely a month old!
I’ve noticed that the area under the center cap looks like that on other cars and trucks, so it’s not just a Tesla thing. Just because your truck is in the garage doesn’t mean it didn’t get wet during production or delivery, and high-strength steel can of course rust. It’s frustrating to see that on a truck that’s only a month old, but it’s usually not a big deal. Hopefully, the service request will help.

Back