Air Suspension Backup Connector Dust Cap Missing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTwood

Reaction score
Just noticed that my truck’s backup air suspension connector is totally missing its dust cap. I found one that fits, but seriously, what’s up with Tesla not including it from the get-go? Seems like a pretty basic thing to overlook. Anyone else had this little surprise?

Just noticed that my truck’s backup air suspension connector is totally missing its dust cap. I found one that fits, but seriously, what’s up with Tesla not including it from the get-go? Seems like a pretty basic thing to overlook. Anyone else had this little surprise?
It’s surprising that Tesla didn’t include such a basic component. Glad you found a fit, but it does feel like something they should have covered. Anyone else run into this?

Dust cap? Uh! I guess it is common for manufacturers to forget about 'minor' small details (which can provoke major problems). In general, as far as I know, Tesla’s attention to detail is usually high... It seems you we unlucky. Did you check if other owners have reported similar issues?
Even if that one you found fits, I think you should go to your local Tesla service center to see if they have an original replacement for you. After all, you don't have any fault.
That dust cap, as little it is, as the crucial is for keeping dirt out of the connector.

Dust cap? Uh! I guess it is common for manufacturers to forget about 'minor' small details (which can provoke major problems). In general, as far as I know, Tesla’s attention to detail is usually high... It seems you we unlucky. Did you check if other owners have reported similar issues?
Even if that one you found fits, I think you should go to your local Tesla service center to see if they have an original replacement for you. After all, you don't have any fault.
That dust cap, as little it is, as the crucial is for keeping dirt out of the connector.
True! I mean, come on, Tesla - what were they thinking? A cover is a must to keep it from dust and debris, otherwise, it’s just asking for trouble. I’ll totally bring it up with them. So frustrating!

Hey, I agree with @PegasusOneeye256. It is a good idea to visit a Tesla service center to see if they can provide an official dust cap.

Even though you found one that fits, it is always better to use the original parts when you can, especially for something that protects crucial connectors.

Hopefully, Tesla will help you to resolve this.

As a matter of fact, I think it is a must because air suspension systems in Teslas have been reported to experience recurring problems like leaks and overworked compressors (sometimes this triggered the warning "TAS_a240_airSpringLeak").

I just read many users had to repair their cars multiple times after such issues.

The idea is still the same. Go to them and ask for an official dust cap. You never know.

I wish you a quick fix.

Back