Cybertruck Wiper Positioning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro

Reaction score
Not a complaint, but I'm curious why our CT's wipers remain vertical when I stop them after rainfall. Unlike other cars, the wipers are mounted vertically on the side of the windshield, allowing remaining water to gradually climb up. When I use the wipers, the water moves to the lower part of the windshield before quickly rising again as the wipers return to their vertical position. The wipers may remain horizontal for a while before returning to their vertical position.

Hmmm I’m guessing they’ve got the wiper in that upright position to help with aerodynamics and to keep things running smooth.

Not a complaint, but I'm curious why our CT's wipers remain vertical when I stop them after rainfall. Unlike other cars, the wipers are mounted vertically on the side of the windshield, allowing remaining water to gradually climb up. When I use the wipers, the water moves to the lower part of the windshield before quickly rising again as the wipers return to their vertical position. The wipers may remain horizontal for a while before returning to their vertical position.
The vertical wiper design is different from most cars and can cause water to collect as you described. It seems like it might be a quirk of the design. Have you thought about using Rain-X or Aquapel? They might help manage the water better when driving.

Back