Got any deets on those Cybertruck panel gaps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoganBrown

Reaction score
I’m super curious about the panel gaps on the Cybertruck. I know Tesla usually handles issues pretty well, but is there an official standard for how wide or tight those gaps can be? Anyone out there measured their Cybertruck’s gaps or know what the acceptable range is?

I’m not entirely clued in on the official specs, but honestly, the key is having those panel gaps nice and even across the car.

I’m super curious about the panel gaps on the Cybertruck. I know Tesla usually handles issues pretty well, but is there an official standard for how wide or tight those gaps can be? Anyone out there measured their Cybertruck’s gaps or know what the acceptable range is?
  • I have noticed some gaps can vary quite a bit.
  • It is essential for them to be even, though!
  • While I am not sure about the official standards, I would say that tighter gaps help with aerodynamics and keeping dirt out.
  • If you are measuring yours, make sure to check both sides to see if they match.

There isn't a universal standard for panel gaps on the Cybertruck. Damn, it is all about panels being even. Tesla aims for a standard, but some anomalies can occur during production.
If you are seeing gaps that are noticeably wider on one side, it might be worth reaching out to Tesla for guidance. Also, measure with a caliper. You can get precise readings, so you can compare them to other Cybertruck owners' experiences in the community.

Great question. I wonder, there are any effect of uneven panel gaps on performance and aesthetics? Have you considered how they might impact aerodynamics or water resistance?

Back