Having issues with your trucks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeStig

Reaction score
I’ve been seeing a bunch of folks having trouble with their new Cybertrucks lately. Seems like there are quite a few hiccups, esp for a brand-new model. Are these mostly software bugs, build issues, or a bit of both? Do you think Tesla knows about this stuff and is working on fixes? I’m planning to get a Cybertruck in a couple of years so I’m really hoping they’ll have ironed out all these kinks by then.

The Service Bulletins are piling up, and it's a mix of big headaches and smaller stuff that can be sorted out during assembly. The real trouble seems to be with the inverter and harness, so Tesla needs to get on top of this fast. They really can't let these problems drag on - it’s a serious business risk. As usual with Tesla’s early releases, you’re likely to hit some bumps at first, but if you hang tight and wait a few years, you should end up with a much smoother ride.

Hey, @MikeStig!
You are spot on about the issues. It is often a ix of both software and build problems. Tesla definitely needs to stay on top of these concerns to maintain their reputation. I have seen improvements with each update, so I would say to hold tight. By the time you get yours, it should be way better. Have you looked into any specific features you are excited about?

I totally get your concerns, @MikeStig! 😊 It is kinda wild how many "teething" problems a new model can have. But I tend to believe Tesla is aware and is actively working on solutions. If you wait a couple of years, I am sure things will be much smoother for your Cybertruck. What is your favorite feature you hope to have in yours? 😁

That's a thoughtful observation, @MikeStig!
It is important to consider how a brand handles early issues.
Are you worried about specific features or just the overall reliability?
While the initial releases tend to have their quirks, it is promising to see manufacturers like Tesla learn and adapt.
What aspects of the Cybertruck are you the most excited about?

I’ve been seeing a bunch of folks having trouble with their new Cybertrucks lately. Seems like there are quite a few hiccups, esp for a brand-new model. Are these mostly software bugs, build issues, or a bit of both? Do you think Tesla knows about this stuff and is working on fixes? I’m planning to get a Cybertruck in a couple of years so I’m really hoping they’ll have ironed out all these kinks by then.
Wise thoughts. It is not uncommon for new models to face these things.

What I find interesting is how companies like tesla evolve over time.

Have you seen any feedback from current owners that stood out to you?

Waiting a couple of years might indeed allow you to benefit from improved tech and reliability.

Patience can often be a virtue in the auto world.

Back