Lane Departure Warning Sensors Not Working?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooksandy

Reaction score
Got a little hiccup with my lane departure warning system. It totally failed to go off when I was about to nudge a car in the left lane. I’m thinking the sensors might be on the fritz. Any idea where these sensors are on my ride and how I can make sure they’re doing their job?

When you're behind the wheel, it's smart to just assume your car won't give you any heads-up before something goes sideways. Right now, no car out there has a foolproof collision alert system, so stay sharp and keep your wits about you!

Got a little hiccup with my lane departure warning system. It totally failed to go off when I was about to nudge a car in the left lane. I’m thinking the sensors might be on the fritz. Any idea where these sensors are on my ride and how I can make sure they’re doing their job?
It sounds like your issue might be related to missing software features, similar to how blind spot monitoring works in some cars. For Tesla, the blind spot detection is powered by "Tesla Vision," so there’s no actual sensor for it, just the cameras. It could be the same for your lane departure warning system, relying on cameras instead of sensors. It's always a good idea to drive as if you don’t have lane departure or blind spot monitors, just to be safe. You could have the system checked at a service center if it's acting up, but definitely don’t rely on it too much in the meantime.

Back