RWD Cybertruck Single Motor: How Does It Perform in Snow and Ice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trucks

Reaction score
Is the rear wheel drive, single engine Cybertruck going to be able to handle ice and snow? If you’ve ever driven a read wheel drive pickup on ice it can be a nightmare. How do you plan on handling that? I know summer is coming up, but its a concern since I’m looking at it as my daily driver.

My RWD Cybertruck plows easily with winter tires, way better than my old AWD Crosstrek. Just don't forget a chain if it gets nasty :)

The weight of the battery can be an advantage, but fewer wheels turning is always a challenge in icy conditions.

You might be able to get by without chains, similar to other heavy rear-wheel-drive vehicles, but without the high idle of an internal combustion engine, you have better grip at low speeds. There are still a lot of unknowns, though.

Is the rear wheel drive, single engine Cybertruck going to be able to handle ice and snow? If you’ve ever driven a read wheel drive pickup on ice it can be a nightmare. How do you plan on handling that? I know summer is coming up, but its a concern since I’m looking at it as my daily driver.
That's a real concern, don't worry. RWD on ice can definitely be tricky.
The weight distribution from the battery in the Cybertruck should help, but it is still wise to be cautious.
Chains can be a lifesaver when the conditions get really bad. Have you thought about how often you might face icy conditions?

Back