Tesla Cybertruck Satellite Navigation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

festerrot

Reaction score
Hello guys, does anyone else’s map on their Cybertruck always flip back to the regular view when you hop in the car? I prefer the satellite view because it's more convenient and has better visuals. Wondering if I’m the only one having this issue?

So the view resets each time you turn off the Cybertruck and then start it up again? I don't have one, but have you checked to see if there is a SAVE in the settings mode so it does not reset in such a manner?

I hope someone that has a Cybertruck stops by and can give you some hands on information. I'm curious about it now.

I've noticed a similar problem with my Model Y. It seems like Tesla might have intentionally set it up this way to cut costs on data plans. When you think about it, those satellite maps use up a lot more data than regular ones. And if switching back is a hassle, most people probably wouldn't bother changing it. So, Tesla could be saving a significant amount of data this way.

I primarily use the standard map for driving because it shows road signs and details more prominently. Satellite view provides a different perspective, but I find it less useful for everyday use.

I had that issue with my 3 but after a software update it stopped. Does yours have an update ready?

Back