Tonneau Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9alileo9alilei

Reaction score
Anyone else experienced this weird phenomenon with their tonneau cover? I ordered a black one, but it arrived with a mix of black and silver stripes.

I thought it was a mistake, but when I picked it up from the wrapping shop, it had changed again to black and silver! And then, when I got home, it was all black again. Is this some kind of magical trick or am I just losing my mind?

That’s super strange! You think maybe the wrap shop goofed and flipped them by accident, or maybe one of them got a little damp and messed up the color?

OMG, that sounds like a trippy situation😱. One minute it is black and silver, the next minute it is all black? Please make sure you are not in a sci-fi movie 😂. But seriously, maybe the wrap shop did some magic or just mixed it up. Joking aside, I would definitely get in touch with them to clear this up.

That is quite the phenomenon you have there... It is possible that the material used in the tonneau cover reacts to temperature or moisture... These factors can sometimes lead to color changes or inconsistencies. I would suggest checking the specifications of the wrap they used... it might hekp to understand why it is behaving this way...

Or, @ace-cruiser02, the changing colors might be because of the properties of the wrap material. Many wraps can appear differently based on the lighting conditions and temperature changes. You can find on Google that some specific pigments used in automotive wraps can also respond to moisture. Just reach out the wrap shop to clarify the situation. I bet they have insights on similar cases.

Back