What’s the towing range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalihoodz

Reaction score
I'm curious about what you think about the possible towing distance.e of the CT. I'm considering buying one soon and intend to pull an 8,000-pound trailer. My hope is to achieve a towing range of 300 miles, is that too optimistic for an EV?

I don’t think that will matter since it all depends on the road conditions. It uses much battery energy if you tend togo uphills and can save energy if you’re going downhill.

I don’t think that will matter since it all depends on the road conditions. It uses much battery energy if you tend togo uphills and can save energy if you’re going downhill.
It's being reported that you're going to get roughly 160 miles @ 6000lbs. However as you know it really depends on weight load, road conditions, etc

From the comments above it sounds as if it would be a good idea to plan a rest stop/charge stop at about the 150 mile range. Also check out the type of charging devices available such as a fast or slower charger so you'll know how long you'd be at the stop. What about checking out the extended range batteries when you order your Cybertruck?

I guess 300 miles towing 8000 lbs might be a bit too optimistic for current EVs.

Even trucks rated for high efficiency can see their range cut in half when towing that kind of load.

I would suggest to start with the idea of a 50% drop in range.

At least, there are a lot of fast chargers popping up, so you will have options.

I'm curious about what you think about the possible towing distance.e of the CT. I'm considering buying one soon and intend to pull an 8,000-pound trailer. My hope is to achieve a towing range of 300 miles, is that too optimistic for an EV?
Maybe would be worth it to invest in the extended-range battery for the Cybertruck. This way I think it would be more realistic.

Back