Dashcam Software Glitch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamCook23

Reaction score
So my dashcam decided to have a freakout and kept flashing a red X. No way to check any footage, super frustrating. Found out the storage was maxed out even though I hadn’t saved a single clip. I went ahead and formatted the drive, and now it’s back to working like a charm. Has anyone else had this issue or know why the storage was full without even saving anything?

If the issue happens again, try putting your usb drive in a computer to verify if it’s actually recording something.

So my dashcam decided to have a freakout and kept flashing a red X. No way to check any footage, super frustrating. Found out the storage was maxed out even though I hadn’t saved a single clip. I went ahead and formatted the drive, and now it’s back to working like a charm. Has anyone else had this issue or know why the storage was full without even saving anything?
Sometimes dashcams continuously record looped footage that doesn't get said unless there is an event or you manually do it, but it still fills up the drive. Formatting helps, but you might want to check if your dashcam has a setting to auto-delete old footage once the storage is full. That way, it won't happen again in the future.

Join the Cybertruck Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back